Financial Aid Charging
UNIVERSITY ACCOUNT CHARGING: FALL 2020
BEGINS - 7/27/20
ENDS - 9/25/20
Having Trouble Charging?
Is your account inactive due to unpaid prior term charges at the Bookstore?
- Pay outstanding charges at the Business Office, Owens 106 (Phone # 218-477-2242).
- Return receipt showing a zero balance to the Bookstore's Main Office.
Do you have enough financial aid to cover your bill for tuition, fees, housing and still have enough to cover what you are charging at the Bookstore? If not:
Did you apply for financial aid for the 2020-2021 academic years?
- Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov.
- The MSUM school code is 002367.
Is your financial aid file complete?
- View your most recent status letter at https://www.mnstate.edu/eservices/.
- Submit all requested documentation to the Office of Scholarship & Financial Aid, Owens 107 (Phone # 218-477-2251).
Have you accepted your Direct and/or Perkins Loan?
- Accept direct loans through eservices: https://www.mnstate.edu/eservices/.
- If awarded, complete the Perkins Loan promissory note at http://www.ecsi.net/promx7.
Have you signed the Information Release form authorizing Bookstore charging?
- Access the information release form.
- The Miscellaneous Charge Authorization must be marked "Yes.".
- Return to the Office of Scholarship & Financial Aid, Owens 107 or fax to 218-477-2058.
Are you on financial aid suspension?
- File a financial aid suspension appeal with the Office of Scholarship & Financial Aid. Submitting an appeal does not mean automatic approval. Please allow 2-3 weeks for review.
- Access the appeal form.
- Return to the Office of Scholarship & Financial Aid, Owens 107.
Have you applied for a private educational loan if needed?
- A private educational loan, while listed on your Award Letter, requires you to complete a separate application.
- View alternative loans and application information at: http://www.mnstate.edu/financialaid/loans.aspx.
- Apply online with a lender of your choice.
Will your financial aid be delayed for some reason?
If charging on financial aid at the Bookstore has ended and you still have not received your aid, inquire at financial aid to have them determine if you might be able to process a late charge based on a book quote from the Bookstore.